Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Something to blog about!

Well, I guess I am on a 2 month delay between postings! I really will try to do better. I guess I don't always feel like I have a whole lot to say. Same ole - same ole. You know. Anyhow - I actually had something to 'blog' about! Not just family updates, those will come too, but I had something that was driving me crazy the other day and I thought I would put it out there to see what everyone else thinks about it. So this whole texting thing. Everyone does it - including me. I am not saying that texting in general is bad - I just don't get the idea of having a long drawn out conversation via text. Call the person for heaven sake! I know people are sometimes in school or somewhere that they can't talk and they "need" to communicate with someone - so I get that. But I have seen and been involved with a number of texting conversations that are quite serious issues that need to be addresses and people are using text messages to communicate! I think it is a very passive aggressive way of dealing with things. I just don't really get it. Anyone else have an opinion on this issue?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree COMPLETELY!!! I don't text, but I do understand why it is necessary, sometimes. I think too many people use it as a way to avoid having a normal conversation and it drives me crazy. I have a friend who was seeing someone and the only way they communicated was via text. Needless to say that relationship didn't last for very long.

Rudd Family said...

Oh my heck, this is one of my biggest pet peeves! I hate texting!

Jayne said...

My phone is "well loved" and it makes my fingers exhausted pounding the keys so many times for a simple sentence. I couldn't imagine having conversations via text, it's faster to dial. BUT, I have texted my husband a grocery list because the man will lose a slip of paper and not care, but his phone ;) always with him!